I got my costume for Barn dance finished this week – which is good as Barn dance is this Saturday.
The skirt is from my previous post, up cycled from an old dressing gown, and the denim corset is made from an old pair of jeans.
I put in the eyelets and lacing yesterday, then last night I had a terrible dream about half of them falling out. I have had bad experiences with eyelets in the past due to incorrect inserting technique and trying to use synthetic material. Was so relieved when I woke up and realized the corset was still in one piece!
I am writing up a tutorial to make a corset which I had hoped would be finished by now, but it is very long and detailed, and I’m finding it hard to remember some of the important steps I did at the beginning. I really need to write stuff down as I go along!
I am also missing some vital photos I took, which may be on Keith’s card that has gone walkies…